In this sermon we received a powerful word about Ahitophel: The voice that sounds like God.
2 Samuel 16:23, The counsel that Ahitophel gave in those days was treated as if God himself had spoken. That was the reputation of Ahitophel’s counsel to David; it was the same with Absalom. (MSG)
Ahitophel was, a man not standing in unity but only cared about himself and lived for himself.
The word Ahitophel means: “Brother of ruin or foolishness” which reveals the very motive of the heart.
In this message we expose the spirit of Ahitophel by revealing how he speaks, how he operates and how to put this spirit to death. This Ahitophel spirit comes in two ways:
1. Through the advice of man.
2. Through your own thoughts.
How do we recognize the spirit of Ahitophel?
1. Ahitophel will give direction that seems correct but in actual fact is wrong.
2. Ahitophel will both speak and guide you away from the things of God.
3. Ahitophel will steal your peace and cause you to become fearful and anxious by creating scenarios that seem impossible to get out of.